AISL Beliefs/Core Values:
- We believe in the dignity and worth of each student, and recognize the importance of his/her responsibility to his/her fellow man in the world community.
- We believe that all youth, of all races, cultures and creeds, should have equal opportunity for education consistent with their individual capabilities and with their personal and social needs.
- We believe that change is a constant factor in life. Therefore, education should encourage in students the development of personal values and thinking processes which will facilitate their intelligent adaptability to a changing society.
- We believe that learning is an unbroken activity, continued throughout an individual’s life span. Therefore, education should foster independent thinking, exploration and experimentation as a life-long process.
AISL Profile of Graduates:
A graduate of AISL will:
- Communicate ideas and information confidently and creatively in various modes.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply independent, critical, creative and analytical skills to complex problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of cultural, social, scientific, economic, and political ideas, and practices in an international context.
- Understand the importance of an intellectual, physical, and emotional balance to enjoy an energetic, wholesome and productive life.
- Understand their own culture and appreciate the opportunity to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds, while also respecting their different perspectives, traditions and cultural values – including those of Lesotho.
- Demonstrate mutual respect and cooperation in their social, cultural and academic interactions.
- Understand how the responsible use of technology can positively impact their lives.
- Appreciate the essential elements of an American curriculum within an international context.