The American International School of Lesotho is committed to ensuring that the AISL campus and community is a safe space. All staff sign an agreement outlining their commitment to protecting each other and our students. Our external consultants and coaches also sign this agreement.
AISL has appointment Ms Betty Matlali as our campus Child Safety Officer.
All of our staff are currently undertaking training on detecting and supporting students as well as identifying areas of our school and documentation that need reviewing. This is an ongoing commitment by AISL to provide a safe learning environment for our community.
We are utilising the EduCare training courses. Below is a list of the different topics that we will be completing as part of our child safety training:
- Child Protection for International Schools
- Raising Awareness of Peer on Peer Abuse
- Concussion Awareness
- Child Protection in Sports and Active Leisure
- Safeguarding Young People
- Child Neglect for International Schools
- Female Genital Mutilation Awareness
- Online Safety for International Schools
- A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education
- An Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation for International Schools
- Mental Well being in Children and Young People
- Health and Safety for International Schools
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid Essentials for International Schools
- Fire Safety for International Schools
- Preventing Bullying for International Schools
- Use of Reasonable Force in Schools